Monday 4 June 2007

20km and one torn ligament later….


I did it!!! Ok, it took me 2 hours 49 minutes and 30 seconds but I did it. And I have a medal to prove it. Sadly now I have a torn ligament in my ankle and can’t really walk anymore.

Last Monday, the day after the 20km in Brussels, my legs were killing me. I thought that was pretty normal considering the amount of sports I had suddenly done compared to the last 28 years of my life. So I wasn’t that sussed about it. In the afternoon however, my ankle was killing me and I was incapable to walk on it. I thought I just had strained my muscle and didn’t want to be a sissy so I left it at that.

Today, a week later, and because my doctor told me to, I decided it was about time to go to the emergency room. Diagnosis: a torn ligament, 3 days in bed, one week on crutches…

I thought sports were supposed to be healthy… Thank god for 24, Desperate housewives and Prison break….

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You may have a torn ligament but you did something really impressive. Congratulations

Laurent

Anonymous said...

Hey Clio,

Just wanted to say that I am well impressed! Sorry about the ligament but, no matter, you are still amazing!

Audrey xxx

Anonymous said...

Hey, excellent work on the run. 20k! That is really good - sorry to hear about the leg. Perhaps you can take up papier mache in your time out ;)

- Alec

Littleclio said...

Finally I get some comments :-)

So I should get hurt more often ...

Thank you for the comments, happy you liked my 20k run and .. Laurent thank you for coming and cheering me... even if I was faster than you thought